Friday, October 31, 2008

Turkey Dinner, Already?!? What????


Yep! It's time for the Hope Group Turkey Dinner!

I KNOW, I KNOW!, today is only Halloween and Thanksgiving is nearly a month away.

But seriously, who wants to have two Thanksgiving dinners really close together?

I like to spread my turkey dinners out a little. Veterans from our hope group can testify to the time that I had a great idea to have Thanksgiving in July for hope group, and volunteered to make the turkey. There was a big problems - I went early that morning to buy a fresh turkey, and they don't sell fresh turkeys in July! Only frozen, and they take 2-3 days to thaw.

But I digress . . . sorry . . . it's an annoying habit of mine.

Blogspot.com should give me a word-limit.

OK, soooo . . . . we are having turkey dinner this week!!

Most of you came to Ministry Night at the Trunk-or-Treat last week and verbally "signed up" to bring something later at Fuddrucker's. I, of course, didn't write it down, so here it is, from the top of my head:


Mindi: Turkey

Matt: Sweet potato casserole (I'll make it for you, Matt)

Steve: several dozen brown-and-serve rolls (I'm not buying them for you, Steve).

Alex: stuffing

Lauren: mashed potatoes, I think?

Vinny: cranberry sauce, you pick what kind (Ocean Spray, in a can, the kind that keeps its shape).

Andy: Thanksgiving sodas (think pumpkin!)

Monica: pumpkin pie


Sorry if I forgot anyone!

Email me and tell me what you can add to the festivities! Maybe something green? (green bean casserole again, broccoli cheese casserole, a veggie tray?) Another dessert perhaps? Deviled eggs? Iced tea? And you know we always need paper plates (might need the strong stuff for this meal), little dessert plates, cups, etc.


OK, see everyone this Wednesday!

Oh, and if you haven't already voted . . . . make SURE you vote on Tuesday! (though tempted, I will refrain from telling you WHO to vote for . . . . )

Have a great weekend!

Mindi

No comments: