Thursday, January 31, 2008

A Cajun Feast!






Hi!

I just want to let everyone know that I sure missed seeing y'all last night!!

So I'm already looking ahead to next Wednesday!! We are going to have a Cajun FEAST!!

Kelly the G.Q. is making her gumbo since we missed out on having it yesterday.
Monica is still making lots of white rice.

Vinny, are you bringing iced tea?

Veytia, are you bringing a dessert?

We might make a lot of smoked sausage - unless anyone has any other ideas?? Or maybe I'll get creative with shrimp or crawfish??

Meghan, do you want to make cornbread again or would you rather do something different this time??
OK, let me know you guys! I know we have a lot of cups but we always need plates, and I know we are out of styrofoam bowls to put Kelly's gumbo in.

If anyone has any prayer requests, post a comment to this blog and list any areas where prayer is needed.

Don't forget to be reading and studying your Bible EVERY DAY! God has been really convicting me when I neglect to spend time with Him (Melodi and Heather are helping Him) -
See ya next week!

10 comments:

Dani said...

I could make something good for Cajun night if I still lived there :( Maybe I can mail y'all something. Have fun eating cajun for me. Miss y'all lots.

Dani

Mindi said...

I KNOW!! That would be AWESOME!! Don't you make etoufee? Something with crawfish, I know!!

We miss you so much too - I'd give anything to have y'all back here for a little while!! Can't you all take a little vacation?? Once you get here we will feed you and give you a place to lay your weary heads (that place might be the floor, but anyway . . . )!

Andy said...

I dont read your blog, I just comment, dont forget about the Estes'. I just posted on their blog today, we need to be praying for them more consistently!

Andy said...

In regards to your offering the Thaxton's a floor, we have a couple of guest bedrooms!! Only 1 person would have to use the air mattress :)

Anonymous said...

I can bring iced tea..after all, that's what I'm here for...

Dani said...

Andy, thanks for the offer of the beds. Mindi, thanks for the offer of the floor. To be back in texas, we would take either. Or since there is five of us, maybe we would take both offers :)

Love y'all
Dani

Anonymous said...

Heres my wedding slideshow! Enjoy!
-Meghan

http://www.agungfauzi.com/meghan_curt_wed/

Anonymous said...

Oh I dont think that one works so try this link-Meghan

http://www.agungfauzi.com/meghan_curt_wed/

Anonymous said...

http://www.agungfauzi.com/meghan_curt_wed/
This comment kepps messing up.

Anonymous said...

Ok Ill have to give you the link at hope group b/c it wont post the whole link. Sorry for all of the comments