Saturday, April 12, 2008

Texas Cowboy Food!


Not sure what to call this week . . . . Western Feast? Ranch Dinner? Texas Food? Barbeque Meal? Cowboy Chuck?


Anyway, think of food that the cowboys ate out on the trail, back at the ranch . . . . or maybe what you ate at County Line restaurant.


I know, I know, it's a weird theme . . . but go with me on this one.


Matt and I will have the meat - not sure if it will be brisket, sausage, maybe some kind of chicken.


And I'm going to attempt a Texas sheetcake, just for Meghan.


Vinny will bring us some tea. (right, Vinny?)


Someone said they were bringing baked beans. Someone else mentioned potatoes.


Veytia emailed and said they might be coming this week!


We could always use some kind of bread - though in a pinch I could just put a loaf of white bread out, C&J's-style.


OK, get your creative Texas brains going and let's have some grub!!


See you Wednesday . . . don't forget it's the last "regular" Hope Group of the year!!


(and maybe be th inking of ideas for ministry week and relationship week) -


Mindi

3 comments:

Andy said...

We are bringing potatoes with some chopped beef and maybe some cheese. Texas Spud style of Jason's Deli.

Anonymous said...

Im bringing the baked beans and I promise that they will not be runny, or questionable. (I hope) I am also really excited about the sheet cake. I'm sure it'll be awesome.-Meghan

Anonymous said...

I've got the tea...I could make it Texas Tea, but I don't think you guys want to drink crude oil...haha I'm so good at topical humor...